Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

He Opens Eyes and Ears


1 Samuel 2:1

English Standard Version (ESV)

Hannah's Prayer

And Hannah prayed and said,
“My heart exults in the Lord;

    my horn is exalted in the Lord.
My mouth derides my enemies,
    because I rejoice in your salvation.


This is my friend Hannah and her 3 month old baby.  We met Hannah on Friday, Dec. 7 while we were doing our Christmas program in a slum.

It was a wild day, and there were many excited children and we were right by a very busy road.  Let me share with you what the Lord showed me on that day.


Matthew 13:10-15

The Message (MSG)

Why Tell Stories?

10 The disciples came up and asked, “Why do you tell stories?”
11-15 He replied, “You’ve been given insight into God’s kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn’t been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That’s why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they’re blue in the face and not get it. I don’t want Isaiah’s forecast repeated all over again:
Your ears are open but you don’t hear a thing.

    Your eyes are awake but you don’t see a thing.
The people are blockheads!
They stick their fingers in their ears
    so they won’t have to listen;
They screw their eyes shut
    so they won’t have to look,
    so they won’t have to deal with me face-to-face
    and let me heal them.


When He opens eyes and ears to His Word, when His timing is right, no amount of noise or distraction will stop His truth from being planted in a ready heart.

Hannah came to see what was going on as the Redeemer House kids were leading the kids in songs and acting out the Christmas story.

  Hannah was a musl*m on that Friday when we met her near her home, and by Sunday God had done a work on her heart and she showed up to go to church with us.
   On the way home from church Kathy shared The Gospel and what Jesus came to do for everyone who would believe and receive His gift of salvation.
  Hannah wanted that gift. 
 She prayed and asked Jesus to be the Lord of her life and to forgive her for her sins. 

Hannah went from musl*m and death on Friday to Christian and life on Sunday. 

****ONLY GOD*****

To Him be the Glory.

Hannah can read, and the Lord provided a Bible for her to read and learn more about HIM.

It was my Bible that I have had for a while  but never even wrote my name in it for some reason....and now I know why....it was for Hannah.

Praying Psalm 121 for my new friend and sister in Christ.

Psalm 121

English Standard Version (ESV)

My Help Comes from the Lord

A Song of Ascents.

121 
lift up my eyes to the hills.

    From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;

    he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;

    the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil;

    he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore.   
  

PS.  I used different names and misspelled words on purpose so my friend is protected.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Praise the LORD!

marlece said...

wow! I love it again Jenay.

Unknown said...

Jenay, "Hannah" came back on Sunday to go to church with us, and asked about a Bible study. There isn't one for her at our church, so afterwards she asked me to teach her. She said that since she is a Christian, she needs to know what the Bible says. So - after Christmas I am going to start a beginning Bible Study for her, Janet, Eve, and whoever else wants to join us. Then Monday "H" called me and told me there was a fire and it destroyed a home there at Nile Crescent, and she wanted me to come. I went today and met the man whose house had burned. He has 3 boys, and they lost everything - dishes, clothes, mattresses. I will go back later and take clothes for the boys, and see what else we can do for him. But "H" also lost things, because the fire was so close that she left her house, taking only her most precious things - her daughter and her new Bible! A thief stole her mattress, their big saucepan, and most of hers and the baby's clothes, except those that were washed that day. She lost the skirt you gave her. She had worn it Sunday, and said she thought of you when she wore it, and prayed for you! I told her I would try to help her, and she said she would pray that Jesus would provide so that I could help the man and his family, as well as her. Her faith is amazing!